Advanced Coursework for the Shamanic Healer
February 11-13 2017
Victoria, British Columbia
Spirit Possession occurs when a soul that was not able to cross over after death finds itself a home in a living person's body. When this happens, both the living person and the lost soul suffer. Symptoms of possesion can be lethargy, addiction, exaggerated emotions, illness and other forms of overshadowing that the living host may or may not be aware of. The soul may be confused, may be still in the emotional state he/she was in at the time of death or may be very aware of the situation.
Soul Releasing, or Compassionate Depossession, is a loving process of allowing the light to unfold for the suffering being, to allow the heart light of the suffering being to unfold from inside them as well. During this proceses, contact is made with the soul's personal guardians and a bridge is opened for them to truly go into the light, to return home and start their soul path's new incarnation.
This initiatory training will teach shamanic students spiritual protection as well as methods for compassionate depossession. Areas that will be covered are:
- Becoming steeped in the experience of your own divine self and your personal protector spirits.
- Establishing and deepening relationships with the helping spirits specific to this work.
- Creating a strong sacred space in order to contain this work and open portals to the otherworlds in order for a soul to be released.
- Building a rapport with both your client and the suffering being that is living with them.
- Tracking the divine light that resides in all suffering beings, in order to compassionately bring them to release and freedom
- Working with the helping spirits to restore and repair your client's personal energetic field after the healing.
- Grounding your client with good aftercare and recommendations for further work if the spirits suggest.
- Managing potential intrustions of suffering beings who are attracted to your ability to help them cross over.
A deep and practiced shamanic journey knowledge. Must have strong relationships with one's compassionate guides. Must be journeying in the style taught in the Basic training by the Foundation for Shamanic Studies, which entails journeying to the Upper/Lower worlds to work with your totems and helping spirit guides.
- Canadians send your name, address, email and phone number to Alison Skelton. [[transform AT alisonskelton DOT com]]
- US Citizens send your name, address, email and phone number to Tasara. [[tasara.ravenheart AT littlelight DOT info]]
- Explain why you are drawn to this class what you hope to accomplish.
- I may journey to my spirit friends on whether this circle is a good place for you to do your work.
Tasara has studied extensively with the Foundation for Shamanic Studies and has had the honor of being deeply moved by the teachings of many loving, powerful shamanic people: Betsy Bergstrom for Mediumship and Depossession, Janine Ellison in her foundational and Extraction healing, Tom Cowan in Celtic Shamanism, Anank Nunink Nunkai from Ecuador, Miguel Kavlin from Bolivia, Isa Gucciardi in Depossession, mentor and friend John Lawrence, Sandra Ingerman for Soul Retrieval, Leslie Conton for many, many classes as well as Bhola Banstola from Nepal, Sangoma John Lockley from South Africa, Christiana Harle from Finland, Greg (Woody) Gruber on the role of the Heyoka.
Tasara has been teaching pagan/shamanic practices and leading public ceremonies in the Seattle areas since the mid-90's. She passionately believes in the necessity to rebuild our sense of community and love for ourselves, each other, the spirits and mother mother earth. Nurturing compassion and devotion.